1/5 Photos of Balsamic Green Bean & Red Onion Salad W/ Multigrain Croutons
- Carla -'s Note:
This is a salad I make frequently during the summer months with freshly picked green beans. It is simple to prepare and delicious. I use a zip-lock bag when making this salad, it makes bringing the salad for a picnic easy and clean up a snap. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For Green Bean and Red Onion Salad
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 1 red onion, halved & sliced thin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (good quality)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (good quality)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large ziploc bag
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
For Multigrain Croutons
- 1For Green Bean & Red Onion Salad:.
- 2Cook green beans until just tender crisp, drain and immediately set in an ice bath (or cold water) to stop the cooking process.
- 3Once green beans have cooled to (at least) room temperature and drain.
- 4In a large zip-lock bag add the fresh green beads, sliced red onion, minced garlic, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- 5Gently fumble zip-lock bag until all ingredients are well mixed; set in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- 6For Multigrain Croutons:.
- 7Preheat oven to 300°F.
- 8Spray a large cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- 9Spread out multi-grain french loaf pieces evenly over the cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- 10Sprinkle with garlic powder, dried Italian herbs and salt - enough to suit your taste; give a gentle stir.
- 11Bake multi-grain croutons roughly 15 to 18 minutes or until croutons are lightly brown and dry (yet still ever so slightly chewy), gently mixing once halfway during baking.
- 12Assemble green bean & red onion salad on a serving plate.
- 13Top with multi-grain croutons and sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic Green Bean & Red Onion Salad W/ Multigrain Croutons
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 448.0
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 698.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 12.3 g