Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is my mother in-law's meatball recipe which was served at ALL family celebrations! It was always a big hit and there were never left overs. People would search them out as soon as they walked into the house during a holiday. It was the first aroma that hit your nose as you opened the door. *Please note that the cooking time includes time that the meatballs marinate in the wine sauce. **Also the yield number of meatballs is purely a guess based on the size of yours, you may have more or less.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix first 10 ingredients together in a large bowl until well blended.
- Shape into small meatballs (Hors d'œuvre size). Place on baking sheet.
- Bake the meatballs at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the meatballs are cooking place the last 3 ingredients (onion soup mix, wine and water) into a slow cooker. Stir until soup mix is dissolved. Set the slow cooker to low.
- When meatballs are finshed add them to the slow cooker let simmer 4-6 hours.