I love chicken and roasted red peppers, so I put this sandwich together--it was so yummy! My family loves them. The chicken can also be left out and the sandwich is still delicious. Add a bowl of soup or a salad and you have a perfect lunch or dinner!
- Cut 8 thick slice of Foccacia bread.
- Mix mayonaisse and Ranch dressing in small bowl.
- Spread mayo mixture on 4 slices of Foccacia.
- On top of mayo mixture, layer each slice with equal amounts of chicken and place one slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Next, add the roasted red peppers and another slice of mozzarella on top of the peppers (this helps hold the sandwich together).
- Top each sandwich with remaining slices bread.
- Spray frying pan with Olive Oil spray (or other cooking spray).
- Fry each sandwich on medium until they are golden brown.
- Pop the sandwiches in the microwave for about 20-25 seconds to melt the cheese.
- Enjoy! These are so yummy!
Excellent sandwich. I used chicken breasts that had been grilled and seasoned with Montreal Steak Seasoning and subbed provolone for the mozzarella cheese. I also had ciabatta style brat buns on hand and didn't do the panini thing just microwaved to heat through. Hubby loved this quick, easy and flavorful sandwich.
Oh boy were these paninis yummy! I used sauteed onions and green pepper in place of the roasted red peppers as I didn't have any on hand. Everyone loved them and I especially liked the mayo/ranch mixture. Thanks Auvan!
Yippee! These sandwiches were awesome!! I served them for dinner tonight with a side of raw green beans and broccoli wih veggie dip. Instead of slices of chicken, I bought thin-sliced chicken cutlets, pounded them a bit, seasoned w/ salt and pepper and cooked them on the stove - in my calphalon pan so they were nicely browned. For bread I bought a pre-sliced loaf of Tuscan French bread from the bakery in the supermarket. It was perfect. I grilled the sandwiches in a cute little panini maker that my DS acquired last year from a rewards program. Since I was only making 1 sandwich at a time, I made the first one according to the recipe for my sons to split to see if they liked the roasted red peppers. They did!! But did not like the mayo-ranch so I left it off the next sandwich they split. With the gooeyness (sp?) of the mozzarella I cut way back on the mayo/ranch and only lightly coated one of the slices of bread for the remainder of the sandwiches I made. Since Auvan mentioned how good they were re-heated, I kept making sandwiches and ended up with 7 :-) Some of my bread slices were small and I could only fit 1/2 slice of mozz on each half, plus I started out with more than a single breast of chicken (1.25 lbs). I can't decide whether to freeze the remaining 3 sandwiches or have them for lunch this week!