Fresh herbs marinate the chicken all day, and then topped with a savory red pepper cream. Served over angel hair pasta lightly tossed with olive oil, basil, and grated parmesan. If you can't get fresh herbs, please feel free to use dry herbs for the marinade. Just use 1 teaspoon dried vs. 1 tablespoon of fresh. Also, by all means, substitute turkey breasts, pork tenderloin or cut a tenderloin in thick slices, or even use chicken thighs (boneless skinless). Secondly, this is great on fish, but obviously you only want the fish to marinade for just a couple of hours, depending on the thickness. You don't want to over power the fish flavor.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 tablespoons roasted red peppers (pureed)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 lb angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, and chopped
- Marinade -- In a large baggie, add the first 8 ingredients and toss well until the chicken is well coated. Let marinade all day.
- After marinating all day, remove and let come to room temperature. As the chicken rests, make the red pepper cream sauce. Add the red peppers to a mini food processor and puree. Add to the heavy cream in a small pan and cook on medium low for about 20 minutes to slightly reduce and thicken. Before serving, add a little black pepper to the sauce.
- Chicken -- Grill the chicken, inside or outside. Grill until golden brown. About 15 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken. This can also be pan seared if you prefer to do that method. Once cooked, remove and cover with foil.
- Pasta -- As the chicken rests, cook the pasta accordingly in a large pot of boiling water. It only takes 5 minutes. Drain and toss with the olive oil, grated parmesan, pepper and fresh basil.
- Serve a bed of pasta topped with your chicken breasts sliced and then top with the red pepper cream.