Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
CHANNEL 8 VOLUNTEER TV Welcome once again to Dollywood’s Festival of Nations.
Make and share this Corned Beef and Braised Red Cabbage recipe from Food.com.
- 2 -3 lbs corned beef brisket
- 1 head red cabbage, finely sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- fresh ground pepper
- Toss cabbage with vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Allow to marinate for one hour.
- In a large, covered saucepan, saute onion in butter until softened.
- Stir in cabbage and cook for a few minutes.
- Add 2 cups water, corned beef and season with pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Layer apple slices on top of cabbage.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour checking water lever from time to time and adding a little water if necessary.
- Add salt to taste before serving if desired.