These are great for parties as they can be prepared ahead of time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup scallion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 lb lump crabmeat, picked over and flaked
- 1/2 lb frozen crayfish, defrosted
- 2 cups fresh coarse breadcrumbs (made from french or italian bread)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Red Pepper Sauce
- 1To make the sauce: Place all ingredients except mayonnaise in a food processor and blend until smooth.Transfer to a small bowl and stir in mayonnaise until well blended. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, scallions, eggs, mustard,worcestershire, tobasco and salt. Fold in the crab meat, crayfish and 1/2 cup of the breadcrumbs. Form into 2 inch cakes, about 3/4 inch thick. Coat the cakes heavily with the remaining breadcrumbs and transfer to a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Chill, covered for at least 2 hours, or over night.
- 3Heat 2 tbsp of the oil with 1 tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add half of the cakes and cook until crispy and golden, about 5 minutes each side. Add the remaining oil and butter and cook the remaining cakes.
- 4Serve warm with sauce.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab and Crayfish Cakes With Red Pepper Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.2
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 173.5 mg
- Sodium 1412.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 25.9 g