1/1 Photo of Cream of Red Pepper Soup
echo echo's Note:
For roasting peppers, you can follow the oven method (see Peasant'sHearth's Roasted Red Bell and Banana Peppers) or stovetop method (see Julesong's Roasted Peppers: How to Roast a Pepper on a Gas Range) or substitute commercial bottled roasted peppers (though some of the flavor is lost with the bottled kind). For a lighter version, use half-and-half. Preparation time does NOT include the time for roasting the peppers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a large saucepan and saute onion and rosemary 5 min over low heat, stirring often.
- 2Add peppers and stock, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- 3Stir in tomato paste; place in food processor or blender; puree.
- 4Stir in 1/4 cup cream and paprika, salt and pepper.
- 5Ladle into 4 soup bowls and swirl 1 Tbs of cream onto the surface of each; sprinkle cream lightly with paprika for a speckled effect.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Red Pepper Soup
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.8
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 56.0 mg
- Sodium 150.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: