Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Potatoes and beans in a tasty sauce.
Make and share this Creamed Red Potatoes And Green Beans recipe from Food.com.
- Cook potatoes until tender.
- Cook beans according to pkg directions.
- Melt butter in saucepan; stir in flour, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Slowly add milk.
- Bring to a boil; boil 1 minute.
- Drain potatoes and beans;,place in a serving bowl.
- Pour sauce over and mix well.
I wasn't really sure about this. I'm not use to the flavor of thyme. Also, I think I might have put to much in, so I added a little more milk. After adding the sauce to the potatoes and beans, it kind of mellowed out. DH gave it 4 stars.
Very good recipe. I used half the thyme. Will make again. Thanks for posting.
Everyone loved this! Delicious! Omitted thyme as we don't like it. This is a keeper. Thanks MizzNezz.