Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
You can use your favorite sausage or substitute diced chicken.
Make and share this Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta With Sausage recipe from Food.com.
- Char peppers over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides. Enclose in paper bag 10 minutes.
- Peel and seed peppers. Transfer peppers to blender and puree until very smooth. Season to taste with salt. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.).
- In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic. Stir in bratwurst and heat through.
- Add cream, red pepper puree, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain. Stir pasta into red pepper cream mixture.
- Top with additional Parmesan cheese.
Double yum! This recipe is fantastic! The pasta sauce turned out velvety smooth and rich. I followed the ingredients but modified the cooking steps a bit. I pureed the garlic with the roasted red peppers, so the sauce would be uniformly smooth. Also, I cooked the sausage separately, as it was quite spicy and not suitable for DD's young pallet. I reserved enough sauce for DD's portion and added the sausage to only DH's and mine. We served it over spaghetti. DD enjoyed hers emensely, saying "mmm" the entire time between mouthfuls. This sauce is a nice alternative to tomato sauce and so delicious. Definitely a keeper! Thanks for sharing!
Excellent. The only thing I had to change was, I realized too late I didn't have Farfalle, so I had to use Fusilli. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag. :)