I'm not sure if this is "traditional" Red Beans and Rice but it sure is good! I cook the rice separately and let my family choose how they eat it. My mom has yet to eat this with rice!
- 88.74 ml minced garlic
- 3 serrano peppers, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 (850.48 g) can black beans, drain and rinse
- 2 (850.48 g) can red kidney beans, drain and rinse
- 453.59 g turkey sausage, browned and cut in pieces (small, link breakfast type)
- 453.59 g Louisiana hot link sausages, cut in half and into slices
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper
- 9.85 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 14.78 ml creole seasoning (I use Tony Chachere's)
- 473.18 ml chicken stock
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Chop garlic, peppers and onion; set aside. Drain and rinse all beans.
- Place olive oil, garlic, peppers and onion in the bottom of a crock pot.
- Add black beans, red beans, sausage, hot links and seasonings.
- To finish, add the chicken stock and stir thoroughly.
- Cook on HIGH for at least 4 hours.