1/8 Photos of Crock Pot Red Beans (And Rice)
4 hrs 30 mins
I'm not sure if this is "traditional" Red Beans and Rice but it sure is good! I cook the rice separately and let my family choose how they eat it. My mom has yet to eat this with rice!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 88.74 ml minced garlic
- 3 serrano peppers, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 (850.48 g) can black beans, drain and rinse
- 2 (850.48 g) can red kidney beans, drain and rinse
- 453.59 g turkey sausage, browned and cut in pieces (small, link breakfast type)
- 453.59 g Louisiana hot link sausages, cut in half and into slices
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper
- 9.85 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 14.78 ml creole seasoning (I use Tony Chachere's)
- 473.18 ml chicken stock
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1Chop garlic, peppers and onion; set aside. Drain and rinse all beans.
- 2Place olive oil, garlic, peppers and onion in the bottom of a crock pot.
- 3Add black beans, red beans, sausage, hot links and seasonings.
- 4To finish, add the chicken stock and stir thoroughly.
- 5Cook on HIGH for at least 4 hours.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Red Beans (And Rice)
Serving Size: 1 (484 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 874.3
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 182.8 mg
- Sodium 836.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 30.4 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 53.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Louisiana hot link sausages