1/6 Photos of Cucumber and Red Onion Salad
A tasty alternative to the same old green salad, but prep work made easy using "bag salad" as the base. Note to World Tour participants. I'm not an expert on Canadian cuisine - however, after reviewing many Canadian recipes, it appeared that the ingredients used in this recipe would be typical for the region.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium cucumber, cut into thin slices (preferably long English or European cucumber)
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into thin slices
- 1/4 cup light sour cream (or plain yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) bag mixed baby lettuces and spring greens (or your favorite salad greens)
- 1Cut onion slices into quarters.
- 2Toss cucumber slices and onion together in a medium bowl.
- 3Stir sour cream, vinegar, salt and pepper into cucumber mixture until well blended.
- 4Let stand 5 minutes.
- 5Divide salad greens among four salad plates.
- 6Stir cucumber and onions again.
- 7Top each plate of greens with 1/4 of the cucumber mixture.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cucumber and Red Onion Salad
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 43.3
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 173.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar