For my 46th birthday my husband treated me to a one-evening cooking course. It must have been one of the most enjoyable evenings I've ever had. This recipe is from that course.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the beef
- 1 kg entrecote beef
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- olive oil, to taste
- fresh rosemary sprig
- olive oil, for stove-top grilling
- coarse salt
For the sauce
- 1Cut most of the fat off the meat and slice into largish chunks (bigger than a bite).
- 2Place in a bowl with the olive oil and pepper and give it all a good massage.
- 3Spear two pieces of meat on each rosemary sprig.
- 4Prepare the sauce by mixing all the ingredients together in a pot and bring to the boil.
- 5When the sauce has been reduced by half, add the cornflour liquid. Stir until combined and the sauce has thickend a tiny bit. Remove from the flame.
- 6Place a stove-top grill pan over high heat for 7 minutes, until smoking. Add some olive oil.
- 7Grill the meat for a few minutes on each side, sprinkling each side with some of the coarse salt. Remove to a plate to rest for a minutes.
- 8Drizzle the meat with the sauce and serve.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Entrecote Speared With Rosemary in a Red Wine and Honey Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.4
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 36.2 mg
- Sodium 72.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 13.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: