Abby Girl's Note:
This pasta dish is elegant enough to serve to company. Serve with salad and fresh buns to compliment the dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb prawns, raw
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1/2 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, chilled
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 lb fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 large garlic, chopped
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded and julienned
- 2 tablespoons basil, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano, finely chopped
- 1Shell, devein and butterfly prawns; set aside.
- 2In saucepan, combine wine and shallots and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil under reduced to 2/3 cup. Reduce heat to low and whisk in butter. Remove pan from heat if bubbles appear on surface. Season with salt and pepper. Keep sauce warm over hot water until ready to serve (can be done in advance).
- 3Cook fettuccine in large amount of boiling salted water until tender. While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add prawns, nuts and garlic; saute 2 minutes. Add peppers; saute until peppers are tender and prawns are opaque, about 2 minutes.
- 4Drain pasta and transfer to platter or bowl. Spoon sauce and prawn mixture over pasta and gently toss. Sprinkle with basil and oregano.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettuccine With Prawns, Red Pepper and Pine Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.1
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 137.3 mg
- Sodium 477.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 18.2 g