Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This pasta dish is elegant enough to serve to company. Serve with salad and fresh buns to compliment the dish.
- 1 lb prawns, raw
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, chilled
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 lb fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 large garlic, chopped
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded and julienned
- 2 tablespoons basil, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano, finely chopped
- Shell, devein and butterfly prawns; set aside.
- In saucepan, combine wine and shallots and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil under reduced to 2/3 cup. Reduce heat to low and whisk in butter. Remove pan from heat if bubbles appear on surface. Season with salt and pepper. Keep sauce warm over hot water until ready to serve (can be done in advance).
- Cook fettuccine in large amount of boiling salted water until tender. While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add prawns, nuts and garlic; saute 2 minutes. Add peppers; saute until peppers are tender and prawns are opaque, about 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta and transfer to platter or bowl. Spoon sauce and prawn mixture over pasta and gently toss. Sprinkle with basil and oregano.