Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Instead of buying costly commercial salsas with preservatives, makes this fresh spicy red version in minutes. Just remember, when handling hot peppers, such as jalapenos, use rubber gloves, and keep hands away from eyes!!
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion
- 2 -4 jalapeno peppers, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 (398 ml) cans whole tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- tortilla chips, for serving
- Put all ingredients except tortilla chips into blender container in order given in recipe.
- Cover and pulse three times.
- Pour into bowl; serve with tortilla chips.
A great salsa that has a bit of a fiery taste, but not very hot so much that you would be flaming hot. A great balance of jalapeno, cilantro and lime. I used my own fresh tomatoes as that is what I had on hand. Will be making this again this summer! Made for I Recommend! June 2009