I just made this for dinner, and thought it was pretty darn good. It's hard to make a side-dish when you are eating alone. And this one is fast and easy.
- Clean potatoes and cook them in the microwave until soft (about three minutes).
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a frying pan.
- When the potatoes are done, slice them in half and then cube them.
- Put the potato cubes into the melted butter.
- Sprinkle with the season salt, onion and garlic powders.
- Fry until lightly brown and crispy on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the bacon bits on top and cover with cheese.
- Remove from heat, cover the pan and let it sit until the cheese is melted.