Prep 8 hrs 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a delicious red wine-marinated pork roast fragrant with garlic, oregano and rosemary. Prep time includes overnight marinating.
- Marinate pork overnight in red wine, 6 cloves of chopped garlic, rosemary and oregano.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Transfer pork roast and marinade to a large Dutch oven and make twelve slits in the roast.
- Insert a halved garlic clove in each slit.
- Cover and roast pork for about 3 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of meat reads at least 165 degrees F.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
This was good, I added some salt/pepper to the marinade. I have never added rosemary to cuban roast pork before. It seemed like an interesting spin. I did not insert garlic cloves in slits. (I'm lazy.) There was enough in the marinade for me. I seared the pork, then placed in crockpot added chicken broth mixed w/browned bits from the searing & added to roast & cooked on high for 5 hours or so until it was done. The onion suggestion by another reviewer was a good tip. Thanks for posting. Would make again.
This tasty classic Cuban pork roast is easy to make. I added a whole sliced onion for the last hour of cooking to make it more like the Cuban roasts we are used to. Leftovers are great -- especially with another sliced onion added during an hour of reheating on low.