Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is really good, I have seen a lot of mashed potato recipes but this is a tad different. From Int'l Garlic Festival Cookbook
- 2 lbs small red potatoes, peeled
- 1 head garlic
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons butter
- white pepper
- Cook potatoes in salted water until tender about 20 minutes.
- Drain and dry in 350°F oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, separate and peel garlic cloves.
- Simmer garlic cloves with cream, milk and butter for 30 minutes until garlic is soft.
- Using a blender, puree potatoes and garlic cream mixture.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Thin with more cream if necessary.
These are THE best!! I used 2c cream, and left the skins on. I also used a ricer before adding the liquid. I would, however, use more garlic. I had 14 cloves, probably use 20 next time. I LOVE THIS RECIPE!!!
These have to be one of the creamiest, tastiest mashed potatoes I've ever eaten. I used russets. The texture is velvety smooth and creamy and the garlic flavor makes it even more wonderful. Thanx for sharing this; it's definitely a repeater!
I used red potatoes and halved the recipe because we are only 2. I found there still was way too much cream mixture, I didn't add all of it in. I used my immersion blender but I think next time I would just use my hand masher, we just found them too whipped. But the flavor was absolutely delicious. I love garlic mashed and this was really great. Thanks for the recipe Karen