Art's Protege's Note:
Because sometimes I just like to keeep it simple.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine first 3 ingredients, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- 2Pour over cabbage; toss to coat. Let stand at room temperature 5 - 10 minutes.
- 3Cook bacon in skillet until crisp; remove bacon reserving drippings in skillet.
- 4Crumble bacon and set aside.
- 5Cook onion and apple in reserved drippings in skillet, stirring constantly until tender.
- 6Add cabbage mixture and water, bring to a boil.
- 7Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 8Add wine vinegar and remaining 3 ingredients; simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- 9Spoon into serving dish and sprinkle with the reserved bacon.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Red Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.0
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.1 mg
- Sodium 300.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 25.6 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar