Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Because sometimes I just like to keeep it simple.
Make and share this German Red Cabbage recipe from Food.com.
- Combine first 3 ingredients, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Pour over cabbage; toss to coat. Let stand at room temperature 5 - 10 minutes.
- Cook bacon in skillet until crisp; remove bacon reserving drippings in skillet.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Cook onion and apple in reserved drippings in skillet, stirring constantly until tender.
- Add cabbage mixture and water, bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add wine vinegar and remaining 3 ingredients; simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Spoon into serving dish and sprinkle with the reserved bacon.