These are awesome wings with only three ingredients! Every time I make these for a crowd, I am always asked for the recipe.
- 8 ounces bottled Italian dressing
- 1 cup hot sauce (more or less to taste)
- 5 lbs chicken wings (tips removed)
- Whisk the dressing and the one cup Frank's hot sauce together in a small bowl.
- Add to chicken wings and marinate about 30 minutes to an hour while grill is heating up.
- Spray cooking area on grill with cooking spray.
- Add wings to hot grill. Watch closely as they do tend to burn quickly.
- Grill for about 25-30 minutes.
- It's ok to turn frequently to prevent burning.
I did this a little different so I won't do any stars as I hate when people change an entire recipe then rate it.
I cut brined boneless skinless chicken breasts into strips (I don't like bones!) and then marinated them with Zesty Italian Dressing and Texas Pete Buffalo Wing Sauce. We absolutely loved them! For the next time I make them I will make sure I have some Frank's on hand. This is definitely going in our regular rotation!
Oh...we enjoyed these tasty wings! I love meals that are this easy!!! I cut the recipe in half, as I was only cooking for 2 and that was the amount of hot sauce I had left! I marinated them overnight, just for the convenience of it. I don't see why these couldn't be put in the freezer for a later date (OMAC)! Instead of BBQ-ing the wings I cooked them at 425 for 30 minutes and putting them on Broil for the last 4 - 5 minutes. As I have 2 packages of wings waiting in the freezer to use, I will be sure to do these again! Kudos on a great find!!!
My husband was a bit apprehensive about this when I told him it used hot sauce and Italian dressing, but he went along with it. I wound up using Italian dressing with roasted red pepper and Parmesan cheese, but it came out great. I reserved some of the sauce (before marinating) to use for basting. These wings were great. I think I would prefer them over the traditional recipe that uses tons of butter and grease for frying. It was a nice weekend dinner for the family. We served with baked onion rings and side salads. Thank you for posting!