1/2 Photos of Hearty Sausage, Bean and Red Wine Casserole
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a casserole dish. Add the sausage and brown. Remove the sausage and set to one side. Add the onion, celery and thyme and cook for 5 minutes.
- 2Add the tomato puree and flour and cook for approx 1 minute.
- 3Pour in the wine, bring to the boil and bubble to reduce it by about 2/3rds. Add the stock and bring back to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- 4Halve the sausages diagonally and return them to the pan. Simmer for 15 minutes until the sausage cooks through and the sauce thickens.
- 5Stir in the beans and cook for a further 5-10 minutes to heat them through; season to taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Sausage, Bean and Red Wine Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.3
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 4.5 mg
- Sodium 242.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 12.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pork and herb sausages