A good wholesome and hearty dish that is so easy to throw together. Serve with some creamy mashed potatoes or try it with my Cheesy Leek and Potato Bake for a real winter warmer of a meal.
- Heat the oil in a casserole dish. Add the sausage and brown. Remove the sausage and set to one side. Add the onion, celery and thyme and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and flour and cook for approx 1 minute.
- Pour in the wine, bring to the boil and bubble to reduce it by about 2/3rds. Add the stock and bring back to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Halve the sausages diagonally and return them to the pan. Simmer for 15 minutes until the sausage cooks through and the sauce thickens.
- Stir in the beans and cook for a further 5-10 minutes to heat them through; season to taste.