These are great as an appetizer or cut the recipe in half to serve as a side dish for a dinner serving about 4-6 guests. Serve with sour cream on the side. Cooking time includes cooking of bacon.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place potatoes on a large baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes or until tender; cool to touch.
- Cut each potato in half, then cut a thin slice from the bottom of each potato.
- With a small spoon or a melon ball scooper, scoop out potato pulp, leaving about a 1/4 inch shell.
- Set shells aside and reserve pulp.
- In a medium bowl, lightly mash the pulp; stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spoon the filling into the shells.
- Place back onto baking sheet and broil for 3 minutes or until golden and heated through.