1/1 Photo of Marinated Red Onions and Dressing
24 hrs 5 mins
The onions themselves are awesome in salads, on pizzas, in pasta salads, or on sandwiches. The "leftover" marinade makes the perfect base for a salad dressing. The tangy sweet combination is addictive.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For the onions: slice thinly and separate the rings.
- 2Place in a small bowl or plastic container with a lid.
- 3Pour the honey and vinegar on top and add the thyme. Shake.
- 4Place in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours, shaking when you think about it. (To speed this process up, place in the microwave for 2 minutes. Onions will be ready in about 30 minutes but not as rich).
- 5To serve, add to salads or sandwiches.
- 6Take the last of your onions and the marinade and place into the blender.
- 7Add olive oil and mustard. Blend until smooth. Taste. Add salt and pepper as you see fit.
- 8You may feel the need to add a bit more honey (or just use honey mustard). Now you have sweet onion dressing.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Red Onions and Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 591.9
- Calories from Fat 488
- Total Fat 54.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 61.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 22.1 g
- Protein 1.3 g