Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
These are fantastic spooned over toast, or a side dish to beef. If your mushooms are large then slice them.
- Melt butter in a large heavy Dutch oven or skillet over medium heat.
- Add/stir in flour to blend.
- Add in mushrooms, wine, broth, onion, garlic and Worcestershire sauce; cook until the mushrooms are tender and the sauce thickens, stirring occasionally (about 40 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.
Excellent mushrooms! I was a little worried about the amount of liquid, but it thickened up nicely. I served them with rib steaks and baked potatoes for Christmas Eve dinner.
I love onions,garlic and mushrooms and this was great as a side to my pork dish. Awesome. Thanks for making a dish of my favorites.
These are so good! I cut the recipe to about 1/3 but otherwise made as posted. The flavor is just wonderful and DH and I fought over the last couple. I served with chicken and I think these would be amazing with beef ~ especially prime rib! Thanks for posting another keeper, Kittencal!