Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from our local Fire Department. It looks complicated but is really very easy.
Make and share this Pepper Jack Chicken with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce recipe from Food.com.
Pepper Jack Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, julienned
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 2 cups flour, seasoned with
- salt and pepper
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 3 cups corn chips, finely crushed or pulsed in food processor
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 4 roasted red peppers
- 1⁄2 red onion, cut in 1 inch dice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Pepper Jack Chicken: Pound chicken as thin as possible without tearing.
- Saute bacon, adding poblano pepper and onion.
- Cook until bacon is done and poblano pepper and onion are softened.
- Place 1 slice of cheese on each piece of chicken.
- Top with some of the bacon/veggie mixture.
- Fold in sides of chicken, then roll up.
- Use a toothpick to hold bundle together, if desired.
- Bread each roll by first rolling in flour, then eggs, then corn chips.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Spray or brush the top of each bundle with butter or margarine.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve with roasted red pepper sauce.
- Roasted Red Pepper Sauce: To roast peppers, blacken on all sides over a gas flame or a hot barbeque fire or under the broiler.
- When all sides are black, place in a paper sack and seal.
- After 15 minutes, remove peppers from bag and rinse under cold water.
- Peel should come right off.
- Remove seeds.
- Cut into 1 inch squares.
- Saute peppers and onions in a skillet until onions are soft.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in blender with 1/4 cup of stock, and puree.
- Add remaining stock, 1/4 cup at a time.
- Blend until smooth.