1 hr 15 mins
This is from our local Fire Department. It looks complicated but is really very easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Pepper Jack Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, julienned
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 2 cups flour, seasoned with
- salt and pepper
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 3 cups corn chips, finely crushed or pulsed in food processor
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 4 roasted red peppers
- 1/2 red onion, cut in 1 inch dice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1Pepper Jack Chicken: Pound chicken as thin as possible without tearing.
- 2Saute bacon, adding poblano pepper and onion.
- 3Cook until bacon is done and poblano pepper and onion are softened.
- 4Place 1 slice of cheese on each piece of chicken.
- 5Top with some of the bacon/veggie mixture.
- 6Fold in sides of chicken, then roll up.
- 7Use a toothpick to hold bundle together, if desired.
- 8Bread each roll by first rolling in flour, then eggs, then corn chips.
- 9Place on cookie sheet.
- 10Spray or brush the top of each bundle with butter or margarine.
- 11Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 12Serve with roasted red pepper sauce.
- 13Roasted Red Pepper Sauce: To roast peppers, blacken on all sides over a gas flame or a hot barbeque fire or under the broiler.
- 14When all sides are black, place in a paper sack and seal.
- 15After 15 minutes, remove peppers from bag and rinse under cold water.
- 16Peel should come right off.
- 17Remove seeds.
- 18Cut into 1 inch squares.
- 19Saute peppers and onions in a skillet until onions are soft.
- 20Season with salt and pepper.
- 21Place in blender with 1/4 cup of stock, and puree.
- 22Add remaining stock, 1/4 cup at a time.
- 23Blend until smooth.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pepper Jack Chicken with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 901.7
- Calories from Fat 440
- Total Fat 48.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 361.8 mg
- Sodium 778.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 57.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers