1/3 Photos of Pickled Red Beets
use the leftover sweet and sour red beet juice syrup to make "red beet eggs": poor 2 1/2 c cooled syrup over 6 peeled hardboiled eggs and let them soak overnight in the refridgerator. yum yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1scrub beets and remove tops.
- 2Cook beets until tender.
- 3Drain and reserve beet juice.
- 4Remove skins and cut beets into chunks.
- 5Combine vinegar, juice, sugar,& spices.
- 6Bring to a boil. Remove spices. Add beet chunks and boil again. Pour into hot sterilized jars and seal.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Red Beets
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.4
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 596.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 31.3 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: