2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium beets
- 1/4 cup olive oil, DIVIDED
- 1/4 cup blueberry pomegranate infused red wine vinegar
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ginger, grated fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 4 ounces greens
- 2 blood oranges or 2 navel oranges, peeled and cut into sections
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
- 1/2 ounce walnuts, chopped toasted (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 400º F.
- 2Rinse beets and drain on paper toweling.
- 3Place the beets on foil-lined baking sheet, drizzle with 1 teaspoon of the oil and toss to coat well.
- 4Arrange in a single layer in small pan, bake tightly covered with foil 60 to 90 minutes, or until just tender. (This you could do ahead of time. I find beets easier to peel after cooking).
- 5Remove foil from beets and place on wire rack to cool at least 20 minutes; peel and cut each into 8 wedges.
- 6Meanwhile, combine the remaining olive oil, vinegar, sugar, ginger, and salt in a jar or container with lid.
- 7Arrange the lettuce on a large platter, top with the oranges, red onion, cilantro, walnuts, and baked beets.
- 8Shake the jar vigorously and drizzle ONE HALF of the dressing evenly over all.
- 9Refrigerate remaining dressing up to 3 days for later use.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Beet and Orange Salad (Nick Stellino)
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.1
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 166.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: