1/2 Photos of Red Bell Pepper Pork Boulettes (Meatballs)
1 hr 30 mins
The original recipe came from my DD's culinary school education packet, however she reworked it to her taste. She served it at home with a creamy sauce served on a bed of homemade pasta. Our family loved them plain right out of the refrigerator. The recipe makes 24 one inch balls, but you may want to double it and freeze the extras.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup green onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/2 lb pork (ground)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (fine & dried, add additional if mixture is too wet)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup flour
- oil (for frying)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Sweat onions, bell pepper, green onions and garlic until tender in 2 tbsp of butter.
- 3Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- 4Once cool combine vegetable mixture, ground pork, egg, bread crumbs, and salt/pepper. Mix until well incorporated.
- 5Cook a test patty to see if seasoning needs to be adjusted.
- 6Form meatballs to desired size about 1".
- 7Dredge meatballs in flour and shake off any excess.
- 8Heat pan with oil (enough to shallow fry the meatballs) over medium high heat and place a meatball in, if it does not sear or if it burns adjust your heat.
- 9Once the pan is ready brown your meatballs and place on a baking sheet and pop them in the oven.
- 10Cook until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees or when you cut one in half and there is no visible sign of pink.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Bell Pepper Pork Boulettes (Meatballs)
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.0
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 77.9 mg
- Sodium 516.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 15.3 g