Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of the Zaar recipes that I adopted. After talking with Marg@Cayman Designs, I've edited this to hopefully make it a much better recipe.
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed (optional)
- Fry bacon in medium-size fry pan until crisp; crumble and set aside.
- Combine sugar, red wine vinegar, mayonnaise, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, tabasco sauce, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Pour over the shredded cabbage and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with reserved bacon and caraway seeds (if used).
I shredded the cabbage finer than the picture indicates. I used pinches of fresh basil, oregano, chives & a clove of garlic. Put all of the dressing ingredients in tne Bullet. Heavenly salad!
This was fabulous with a great mixture of spices and flavours. I've never tried anything like it. I increased the vinegar to 2 tablespoons and reduced the caraway seeds to 1 teaspoon and it was amazing. A keeper for sure.
This is a good salad, but the dressing was missing something. I think the next time I will add a little more vinegar and a little more sugar. Maybe some grated onions? There was enough dressing, and I liked the whole idea of the bacon, sweet/sour taste and the caraway seeds, but it just needs to be a little more "something"! Thanks, Carole in Orlando