1/3 Photos of Red Cabbage Salad with a touch of Asia
Who would think healthy could taste so good. Bright in flavor and looks! Crispy! If you want a thicker dressing add 1 more tablespoon peanut butter. Great for a light lunch or a side to a main meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup red cabbage, sliced very thinly
- 6 snow pea pods, quickly blanched then cut into matchsticks
- 1 cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red pepper, cut in matchsticks
- 1 shallots, sliced very thinly or 1 scallion, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 stalk celery, sliced into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 slice ginger (quarter size piece)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup light olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1Put all salad ingredients into a bowl.
- 2Into a blender add all of the dressing ingredients and blend till creamy smooth.
- 3It will be on the thin side.
- 4If not using rice vinegar use less of what you do use because I find rice vinegar is milder.
- 5Add to salad and toss to coat,chill till ready to serve final toss& then top with seeds and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Cabbage Salad with a touch of Asia
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.8
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 119.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
snow pea pods