Who would think healthy could taste so good. Bright in flavor and looks! Crispy! If you want a thicker dressing add 1 more tablespoon peanut butter. Great for a light lunch or a side to a main meal.
- 1 cup red cabbage, sliced very thinly
- 6 snow pea pods, quickly blanched then cut into matchsticks
- 1 cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red pepper, cut in matchsticks
- 1 shallots, sliced very thinly or 1 scallion, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 stalk celery, sliced into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 slice ginger (quarter size piece)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup light olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Put all salad ingredients into a bowl.
- Into a blender add all of the dressing ingredients and blend till creamy smooth.
- It will be on the thin side.
- If not using rice vinegar use less of what you do use because I find rice vinegar is milder.
- Add to salad and toss to coat,chill till ready to serve final toss& then top with seeds and serve.
rita, i loved this, just loved the dressing, it's a keeper. i subbed basil for cilantro and used the scallions. i did use the rice vinegar, but i omitted the celery- this was great!
Oh, and I used honey instead of sugar.