1/3 Photos of Red Chili Shrimp
Based on the Malay dish called Sambal Udang. Really spicy but not TOO hot and yummy with white rice or coconut rice and thickly sliced cucumbers to cool your tongue. It doesn't look impressive but given the ease of the recipe and the small number of ingredients, I think you will find it surprisingly flavourful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut up chilies, shallots and garlic and pop in the blender. Process with minimal water till you get a not too smooth paste.
- 2Heat 5tbs oil in a wok or deep pan till very hot then fry shrimp only till they change colour. Remove from pan, leaving oil behind and set aside.
- 3Add another tbs oil to pan and when hot, add chili paste and fry till fragrant and glistening. Return shrimp to pan and stir for about 3 minutes.
- 4Season and add lime juice (to taste) and water. Stir well. Turn off heat and serve with white or coconut rice and sliced cucumbers if you like.
Browse Our Top Malaysian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Malaysian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Chili Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.8
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 190.0 mg
- Sodium 782.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 28.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: