This can be made in the crockpot or on the stove.The stove is quicker, but you really need to watch closely for burning. You can use fresh apples if available, or use canned applesauce. If using fresh apples you'll need to peel,core and cook the apples until soft, then process in a food processor for a few minutes. The red hots give it a little kick.
- Combine ingredients in a crockpot.
- Cook on high about 12-18 hours.
- Sometimes it takes longer, depending on thickness of the applesauce.
- Cook until it turn dark brown and thickens.
- It can be stored in the refrigerator or canned in a water bath for 20 minute.