Recently I visted a friend's place and she was preparing this chutney. The aroma itself was enough to tell you that this preparation is going to be yummy, and it was. This chutney comes from the South Indian state of Karnataka. People who can't tolerate chilli peppers might want to stay out of this chutney
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a wok heat the oil and add the chana dal and roast it.
- 2when the dal starts to change colour add the urad dal and the chillies.
- 3Roast this till the dals turn into pink colour.
- 4Remove from fire and add the rest of the ingredients and let cool.
- 5Once at room temperature grind this into very fine paste adding water as required.
- 6Serve with practically anything ------- Rice, chappati, paratha, idli, dosa ------- .
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Hot Chana Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.1
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: