A few years ago, I asked Chef Raymond Reed from Stanley and Seaforts Restaurant in Tacoma, Washington for this recipe. I should have known that asking a chef for a recipe means it makes alot! The original recipe was for 15 pounds, but I finally scaled it down a bit. Since I don't make the huge 15 pounds, I don't bother with a paddle attachment either.
- Wash potatoes to remove dirt.
- Simmer potatoes in jackets until fully cooked, approximately 30 to 35 minutes. Drain the potatoes and place in a mixing bowl with a paddle attachment.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a heavy gauged sauce pot over a medium heat. Add and blend in the whipping cream. Remove from the heat and reserve.
- With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the butter-cream liquid to incorporate.
- Add the sour cream and the steak seasoning. Whip potatoes on medium speed until mashed but some lumps remain. Do not overwhip potatoes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped chives and serve.