1/4 Photos of Red Jacket Mashed Potatoes
A few years ago, I asked Chef Raymond Reed from Stanley and Seaforts Restaurant in Tacoma, Washington for this recipe. I should have known that asking a chef for a recipe means it makes alot! The original recipe was for 15 pounds, but I finally scaled it down a bit. Since I don't make the huge 15 pounds, I don't bother with a paddle attachment either.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash potatoes to remove dirt.
- 2Simmer potatoes in jackets until fully cooked, approximately 30 to 35 minutes. Drain the potatoes and place in a mixing bowl with a paddle attachment.
- 3Meanwhile, melt the butter in a heavy gauged sauce pot over a medium heat. Add and blend in the whipping cream. Remove from the heat and reserve.
- 4With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the butter-cream liquid to incorporate.
- 5Add the sour cream and the steak seasoning. Whip potatoes on medium speed until mashed but some lumps remain. Do not overwhip potatoes.
- 6Garnish with fresh chopped chives and serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Jacket Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.6
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 79.0 mg
- Sodium 111.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: