Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Batter-fried shrimp is one of life’s simplest pleasures. Especially when shared. Perfect for dipping, this little finger food is fodder for good times.
- 2 quarts Oil for deep frying.
- Preheat oil to 350 degrees. Combine ½ cup oil and egg; beat well. Add remaining ingredients except oil for frying and stir until well blended.
- Dip shrimp into batter to coat. Drop shrimp into hot oil and fry for 30-60 seconds or until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon; drain on paper towel.
- Used with permission by Florida Dept. of Agriculture and Consumer Services Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture; Bob Crawford, Commissioner.
- Chef's Tip:.
- Add a ½ teaspoons of baking powder to batter to make a much lighter crust, or use beer instead of milk for a barley flavor.