Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These do not contain Biscuit Mix in the recipe. I don't have enough room in my kitchen for all those shorcut staples people keep, so I make everything totally from scratch. These are just as easy as the others. This is my recipe. If you don't have buttermilk, use 1 tsp vinegar to the cup then fill rest of way with milk. Let stand for 5 minutes. To the person who just reviewed my recipe. So sorry I meant 3 tsps. Please try again. I did fix it for any future people looking at this.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large bowl mix dry ingredients.
- Do not add the garlic salt.
- Add shortening and cut until crumbly in texture.
- Add the milk. It should be sticky.
- Mix in cheese. Try not to mix too much or it won't rise well.
- Drop on cookie sheet and bake 8-10 mins or until brown on top.
- Melt butter or margarine.
- Brush on hot biscuits.
- Sprinkle with the garlic salt. Do it this way so you make sure the garlic salt is on every biscuit. They are not as good without the flavor on every one.