1/1 Photo of Red Lobster's Maryland Style Crab Cakes
Straight from the Red Lobster site (not a clone or copy cat)... Dense yet flaky, firm yet delicate, Maryland crab cakes are a seaside staple. Serve them a’ la carte, in a sandwich or beside a salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11.In a large stainless-steel bowl, combine all ingredients except crab meat and bread crumbs.
- 22.Using gloved hands, gently mix in crab meat, then add bread crumbs.
- 33.Spread a thin layer of plain bread crumbs on your work surface.
- 44.Form crab mixture into equal balls, approximately two inches in diameter. Place on crumbs.
- 55.Gently flatten the ball of crab mixture and round the edges. Form cakes about one-half inch thick and three inches round. Refrigerate.
- 66.In a sauté pan, melt 2 tablespoons of oil until hot. Gently slide in crab cakes 2 at a time.
- 77.Brown on one side approximately two-to-three minutes. Turn and brown on the other side. Turn down heat to simmer and cook crab cakes another 5-8 minutes.
- 8Chef's Tip:.
- 9While you may be tempted to increase the amount of bread crumbs used, you’ll receive the best sauté results with the thin layer as described above.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Lobster's Maryland Style Crab Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.9
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 134.4 mg
- Sodium 1292.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 29.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning