This is a very good on cream cheese with crackers. It is great on Roasted Chicken and other meats. My daughter made it for gifts last christmas, everyone really enjoyed it. I'm making some this year.
- Peel, quarter and thinly slice red onions.
- Measure 3 cups into a 6-or-8-quart sauce pot.
- Stir in apple juice, vinegar, sage and pepper.
- Measure sugars in a separate bowl.
- Stir fruit pectin into onion mixture in sauce pot.
- Add butter.
- Over high heat, bring mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Quickly stir in sugars.
- Return to a full rolling boil and boil exactly 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Skim off any foam with metal spoon.
- Ladle quickly into hot, sterilized half pint jars, filling to within 1/8 inch of tops.
- Wipe jar rims and threads.
- Cover with lids.
- Screw bands tightly.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 5 Minutes.