1/1 Photo of Red Onion Jelly
Barb Gertz's Note:
This is a very good on cream cheese with crackers. It is great on Roasted Chicken and other meats. My daughter made it for gifts last christmas, everyone really enjoyed it. I'm making some this year.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel, quarter and thinly slice red onions.
- 2Measure 3 cups into a 6-or-8-quart sauce pot.
- 3Stir in apple juice, vinegar, sage and pepper.
- 4Measure sugars in a separate bowl.
- 5Stir fruit pectin into onion mixture in sauce pot.
- 6Add butter.
- 7Over high heat, bring mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- 8Quickly stir in sugars.
- 9Return to a full rolling boil and boil exactly 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 10Remove from heat.
- 11Skim off any foam with metal spoon.
- 12Ladle quickly into hot, sterilized half pint jars, filling to within 1/8 inch of tops.
- 13Wipe jar rims and threads.
- 14Cover with lids.
- 15Screw bands tightly.
- 16Process in a boiling water bath for 5 Minutes.
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Onion Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (1991 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 715.7
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.8 mg
- Sodium 35.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 182.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 169.1 g
- Protein 1.0 g