Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I love potato salads, and believe me I've tried a lot of different recipes, but this one is my favorite, its simple, concentrating on the most important ingredient....POTATO!!
- 5 medium red potatoes, cut into even cubes
- 2 hardboiled egg, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons dry parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- fresh ground pepper
- paprika (to garnish)
- Boil potatoes in water until soft.
- While cooking, beat all remaining ingredients, except paprika; set aside.
- Drain potatoes.
- Place in a large bowl, and allow to cool slightly.
- Slowly pour the sauce over potatoes and egg.
- Carefully stir to coat.
- Sprinkle with paprika, cover and refrigerate for at least 4hrs, or overnight.
This potato salad is, without a doubt, the best potato salad I have ever eaten. So simple to make and so delicious!!! It is so moist and tasty. I added a couple more boiled eggs. However, that is just my preference. I will stick to this recipe forever!!!
I had some red potatoes left over and thought I would try something different with them..this is a keeper...the only thing I changed was using Brownwood Farms Kream Mustard instead of dijon...it was fabulous...
This has got to be one of the best potato salads I have had, excellent. Bachelor