Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice summer potato salad with a little kick.
Make and share this Red Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare potatoes with skin on, dice 1 inch; place in pot of salted water and boil until tender, about 15 minutes; drain, cool and set aside.
- In a large bowl, place onions, chives, celery and jalapeño pepper, salt to taste and mix.
- Place cooled potatoes in a large bowl, add onion mix; add mustard and no fat mayonnaise; combine.
- Place in serving bowl, garnish with egg slices and sprinkle with cayenne pepper.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Did someone say hot, hot, hot? Nah, just the right amount of heat if you take out the seeds and white pith from the jalapeno. I only used 1/2 pepper as I was afraid to add more, and I went easy on the cayenne. We had it with our Fried Chicken, and the whole family gave it a flying 5 stars!
Definitely worth all five stars! This is a great dish and my family loved it. We thought it was even better the next day so it'd be a great make-ahead dish for company. My only advice is to use the fresh herbs or I think it might be bland or very hard to get the same flavor. Either way, try it.
I REALLY REALLY loved this! I thought it might turn out to have tone of those ordinary-seen-one-seen-them-all flavors one forgets about in a week. And I admit when I tasted it right after preparing, it had a "bit of a nip" when I was hoping for something more "in your face" (I like spicy!). But after sitting overnight it did come up with a pleasant bite that could not be ignored. And I will say this is the type of flavor that "grows" on you (by about one ounce with each passing of the refrigerator! I was lucky I had any left today!) so that even if you might feel timid about a spicy tater salad, by the time the bottom of the bowl is reached (and it will get there and not in the trash), anyone who tasted will be a true believer. I know I am!!!Thank you Derf and get well soon!