Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this recipe in a Supermarket and it quickly become my favorite. It's fast, simple and easy.
Make and share this Red Snapper Escovitch recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (6 ounce) red snapper fillets
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon blackened fish seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cooked angel hair pasta or steamed rice
- Slice pepper, onion and carrot into thin strips.
- Peel and finely mince ginger and garlic.
- Remove stem from cilantro and finely chop.
- Sprinkle fillets with seafood seasoning, salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large saute pan, at medium heat setting.
- place fish in pan and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Turn fillets over and place in center of pan.
- Add lime juice and remaining butter.
- Place garlic, ginger, carrot, onions, bell pepper and cilantro around fish.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until fish is firm and white.
- Serve immediately with angel hair pasta or steamed rice.
I too, found this recipe in the supermarket (Publix) many years ago. it was on the back of a frozen fish package. It is always good and it's one I serve occasionly to guests that always gets rave reviews.
I cannot believe that I am the first person to rate this fantastic recipe. Boy are others missing out! This was easy to prepare and had outstanding flavor. I made no modifications to the recipe, other than to serve with a side of veggies rather than over angel hair or rice. I am putting this recipe in my keeper file as I will definitely be making it again. DH and I loved it! Thanks!