Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From a fitness website this burger is colorful and perfect for those "Patriotic Theme parties." Better for you, and flavorful too!
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Using your hands, lightly shape the ground sirloin into four 1/2-inch thick patties. Try to leave some air in the burger and avoid packing them too densely.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly drizzle the red pepper quarters with olive oil.
- Cook the burgers on both sides over the hot grill for about 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium burgers.
- At the same time, grill the peppers for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Lightly toast the buns on the grill.
- Serve the burgers on toasted buns with grilled red peppers, slices of sweet white onion and crumbled blue cheese.
These were very good, a gourmet burger while working with a patriotic theme. I had never roasted peppers on the grill before and was pleasantly suprised at how easy and tasty they turned out. The combination of roasted pepper, blue cheese and sweet onion on the burger was wonderful.
I made this for my husband and he enjoyed the blue cheese in it! Thanks Laurie! Made for Election Day tag game.
I made these for Labor Day dinner (red, white and blue = American holiday). There's few things better than a bleu cheese burger and this was no exception. I didn't have a red bell pepper so my "red" was a tomato instead. Easy to make and very very good.