Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook3 hrs 10 mins
From Woman's World Magazine 12/7/04. Long, slow cookin makes this oniony beef roast extra tender and flavorful. If you don't like wine, you can substitute beef broth.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine thyme, oregano, salt and pepper; rub over both sides of brisket.
- In flameproof roasting pan heat oil over medium-high heat; add brisket. Cook, turning once, until browned, 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from heat.
- Add onions, garlic and bay leaves to pan around brisket; pour in wine. Cover; roast 1 hour, 30 minutes. Turn brisket over; roast, covered, until very tender, 1 hour, 30 minutes.
- Transfer brisket and half onions to serving platter; cover with foil. Transfer drippings and remaining onions to blender; pulse until smooth. Slice beef against the grain of the meat and serve with sauce.