Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is the best recipe for pork chops! We eat this meal with asparagus tossed in olive oil, s&p, lemon juice, and a little bit of garlic, baked in the oven for 10 minutes. We use Merlot for the Red Wine, but any red wine will work just fine. This is our favorite recipe and we hope you enjoy it too! = )
- Clean the potatoes and put them in a boiling pot of water and 1 teaspoons salt for about an hour or tender.
- Liberally season pork chops with s&p, paprika and garlic powder. Sear in a skillet with 2 tbs. butter for 1 minute on each side.
- Put pork chops in a x baking dish with chopped shallots or onion, basil and thyme (enough to make a thin layer), beef broth and red wine. Bake 45 minutes at 325 and flip once halfway through cooking.
- Drain potatoes, add butter, garlic, and milk (about 1/4 cup or until it reaches your desired consistency) and mash on low heat.
- Using the same pan you seared the pork chops in, melt the butter and flour to make a roux, slowly add the liquid from the chops until you get the consistency you like. Also, add a little bit of fresh wine for extra flavor. Bring to boil, stir, and remove from heat.
- The gravy goes great with the pork chops and mashed potatoes! Enjoy.
Simply awful recipe. What a waste of a good wine.