Chef #1348340's Note:
This is the best recipe for pork chops! We eat this meal with asparagus tossed in olive oil, s&p, lemon juice, and a little bit of garlic, baked in the oven for 10 minutes. We use Merlot for the Red Wine, but any red wine will work just fine. This is our favorite recipe and we hope you enjoy it too! = )
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean the potatoes and put them in a boiling pot of water and 1 teaspoons salt for about an hour or tender.
- 2Liberally season pork chops with s&p, paprika and garlic powder. Sear in a skillet with 2 tbs. butter for 1 minute on each side.
- 3Put pork chops in a x baking dish with chopped shallots or onion, basil and thyme (enough to make a thin layer), beef broth and red wine. Bake 45 minutes at 325 and flip once halfway through cooking.
- 4Drain potatoes, add butter, garlic, and milk (about 1/4 cup or until it reaches your desired consistency) and mash on low heat.
- 5Using the same pan you seared the pork chops in, melt the butter and flour to make a roux, slowly add the liquid from the chops until you get the consistency you like. Also, add a little bit of fresh wine for extra flavor. Bring to boil, stir, and remove from heat.
- 6The gravy goes great with the pork chops and mashed potatoes! Enjoy.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Wine Braised Pork Chops W/ Red Wine Gravy and Garlic Mashed
Serving Size: 1 (502 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1214.9
- Calories from Fat 730
- Total Fat 81.1 g
- Saturated Fat 42.8 g
- Cholesterol 290.3 mg
- Sodium 590.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 51.9 g