1/9 Photos of Red Wine Steak and Mushrooms
This is an adaption of a recipe from the May 2007 editions of Super Food Ideas (Australia), cup and spoon measurements are metric. Recommended to serve with soft polenta, we had mashed potato and steamed vegetables. Marinading time not included and cooking time could differ depending on how you like your steak and thickness of steak.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 800 g porterhouse steaks (4 x 200 grams trimmed)
- 400 g mushrooms (a mixture of oyster and cup was recommended, thickly sliced)
- 3 teaspoons chives (finely chopped)
Red Wine Marinade
- 1Make red wine marinade - combine all ingredients in a ceramic dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2Add steaks to marinade and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight, if time permits.
- 3Preheat barbecue grill on medium high heat. Remove steaks from marinade, reserving marinade.
- 4Barbecue steaks for 3 to 4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat and cover and stand for 3 to 5 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, pour marinade into a frying pan over medium high heat. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium.
- 6Add mushrooms and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender.
- 7Remove from heat and add chives and season with salt and pepper.
- 8Place steaks on serving plates and spoon mushroom sauce over the steak or serve on the side.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Wine Steak and Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 602.4
- Calories from Fat 396
- Total Fat 44.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 128.0 mg
- Sodium 112.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 39.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh thyme sprigs