1/1 Photo of Reduced-Fat Chicken, Spinach & Tomato Pasta
Wind Junki #827437's Note:
I wanted to create a summer dish with what I had on hand, I reviewed a number of recipes, either I didn't have all the ingredients or they had more fat content than I wanted. This is what I came up with and it turned out yummy for a lower fat recipe. I used pre-cooked chicken for speed, you can use diced fresh chicken, be sure to cook throughly before adding tomato and spinach. I recommend using Herb Ox sodium free instant chicken broth. I Hope you like this dish too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 1 cup fat free sodium free chicken broth
- 1 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup fresh tomato, chopped
- 3 bunches fresh spinach, washed and chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese or 3/4 cup romano cheese, shredded
- 1 cup light sour cream
- fresh ground black pepper
- 12 ounces penne pasta or 12 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and store to the side. Spray with hot water before serving, if needed, to loosen pasta.
- 2Add 2-3 Tbsp of chicken broth to heated pan, add onion, mushrooms, garlic and nutmeg. Saute on mid high heat until onion is soft and mushrooms cooked, add more broth if needed to prevent sticking.
- 3When onions and mushrooms are cooked, add chicken and remainder of chicken broth, cook until broth is almost completely reduced, leaving barely enough liquid to allow spinach to steam.
- 4Add chopped tomatos to the top of chicken mixture, then layer the chopped spinach, cover and cook until spinach is steamed.
- 5Add the cheeses & stir, then remove from heat.
- 6Add the sour cream and mix well.
- 7Salt and Pepper to taste.
- 8Pour over cooked Pasta and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Reduced-Fat Chicken, Spinach & Tomato Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (591 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 693.0
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 95.4 mg
- Sodium 585.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.3 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 45.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat free sodium free chicken broth
reduced-fat feta cheese