1/2 Photos of Roasted Garden Harvest Casserole With Red Potatoes
Pegasus from SF's Note:
This tangy dish was inspired by grandmother, Mamitsa, who immigrated from Greece in the early 1900's. She was a fantastic cook and a real inspiration to the whole family. It's a great hot side dish for a BBQ and easy to make for a small family or a crowd and easy to adjust to whatever is available from the garden or produce aisle. I have created all kinds of variations over the years as more ingredients became more easily available, so feel free to experiment! I cut the potatoes into 8ths, the broccoli into individual florets and the zucchini into 1/2 inch thick coins to make sure the cooking time was about the same for everything. Feel free to substitute any combination of the following cauliflower, broccollini, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, asparagus, roasted red peppers, onions, as much or as little garlic as you like, possibly some cherry tomatoes at the end for color! It's a fantastic way to take advantage of summer's bounty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups Red Bliss potatoes, cut into 8ths
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, cut into 1/2 thick coins
- 1 large lemon, peeled and juiced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 3 -4 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Spray a 9-13 casserole with non-stick spray.
- 3Clean and prepare the potatoes and veggies, dumping them into a bowl large enough to hold them all.
- 4Wash and peel the yellow peel off a large lemon and add to a food processor with the juice from the lemon (being careful to remove bitter seeds), garlic cloves, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and olive oil. Process til the lemon peel almost disappears, about 3 minutes. LASTLY, add the red pepper flakes and stir in -- don't process the pepper seeds.
- 5Pour the lemon garlic mixture over the veggies and toss til everything is well coated. Pour out into the prepared baking dish. (Can be made ahead to this point, covered and refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before baking).
- 6Bake, uncovered, for a total of 35-40 minutes til the everything is golden and the potatoes are fork tender. If adding cherry tomatoes, put them in half way through the baking process and toss through with a wooden spoon. Sprinkle with parmagiano cheese and serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Garden Harvest Casserole With Red Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.1
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 503.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: