1/1 Photo of Roasted Red (New) Potato Salad
Meredith K.'s Note:
This recipe is really simple, with the potatoes roasted, not boiled. I posted it because I had touble finding a recipe for roasting potatoes for a salad using the Search engine. So when I did finally find what I needed, I put this recipe together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb red potatoes ("new potatoes", about golf ball size, not much bigger Whatever size, try to have them all about th e)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (stems removed)
- 1 scallion, sliced thinly (both green and white parts)
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle, chopped finely (I like Clausen)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- salt and pepper
- chopped black olives (optional)
- finely chopped red bell pepper (optional)
- 1Heat oven to 400°F.
- 2Scrub, but don't peel the potatoes.
- 3Mix olive oil and garlic powder.
- 4Put potatoes in a glass baking dish, and drizzle oil/garlic over them, stirring to coat potatoes thoroughly.
- 5Bake about 25 minutes, or until just fork tender.
- 6Don't overcook!
- 7Remove to a dish or rack to cool.
- 8Add the dressing when they're warm, but not hot.
- 9For dressing: Add sugar to vinegar; stir to dissolve.
- 10Add sour cream and celery seed, and stir until smooth.
- 11Stir in scallions and parsley.
- 12Cut potatoes into bite-size pieces (about 8ths).
- 13Carefully stir in potatoes.
- 14Chill at least one hour.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Red (New) Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.2
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 9.9 mg
- Sodium 72.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 3.4 g