This recipe is really simple, with the potatoes roasted, not boiled. I posted it because I had touble finding a recipe for roasting potatoes for a salad using the Search engine. So when I did finally find what I needed, I put this recipe together.
- 453.59 g red potatoes ("new potatoes", about golf ball size, not much bigger Whatever size, try to have them all about th e)
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 0.25 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml chopped parsley (stems removed)
- 1 scallion, sliced thinly (both green and white parts)
- 14.79 ml dill pickle, chopped finely (I like Clausen)
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml red wine vinegar
- 1.23 ml celery seed
- salt and pepper
- chopped black olives (optional)
- finely chopped red bell pepper (optional)
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Scrub, but don't peel the potatoes.
- Mix olive oil and garlic powder.
- Put potatoes in a glass baking dish, and drizzle oil/garlic over them, stirring to coat potatoes thoroughly.
- Bake about 25 minutes, or until just fork tender.
- Don't overcook!
- Remove to a dish or rack to cool.
- Add the dressing when they're warm, but not hot.
- For dressing: Add sugar to vinegar; stir to dissolve.
- Add sour cream and celery seed, and stir until smooth.
- Stir in scallions and parsley.
- Cut potatoes into bite-size pieces (about 8ths).
- Carefully stir in potatoes.
- Chill at least one hour.