1/1 Photo of Roasted Tomato and Red Pepper Soup
This soup hails from Jolley's Boathouse in Adelaide, Australia. It is a light soup that highlights the wonderful flavors of roasted vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut peppers in half lengthwise, discarding seeds and membranes.
- 2Place peppers and tomatoes, skin sides up on a foil lined baking sheet. Flatten peppers with hand.
- 3Broil 15 minutes, or until vegetables are blackened.
- 4Place peppers into zip-top bag, seal, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- 5Peel peppers and tomatoes. Chop.
- 6Place half of the peppers and tomatoes into the blender and process until smooth. Set aside.
- 7Heat oil in large sauce pan over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic, cover and cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 8Increase to medium heat. Add pureed vegetables, remaining chopped vegetables, the tomato juice, chopped marjoram, plack pepper, and salt. Cook until fully heated through.
- 9Ladle soup into bowls, and garnish with marjoram springs if desired.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Tomato and Red Pepper Soup
Serving Size: 1 (431 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.5
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 442.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: