Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick week night dinner. Serve over hot cooked rice or pasta with a crunchy green salad on the side. From Chatelaine Food Express Quickies.
- 1 lb beef sausages or 1 lb pork sausage, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tasty red wine
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Brown sausages in oil.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Boil gently, uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Serve over hot rice or pasta.
I enjoyed this very much. I added some garlic powder and red crushed pepper flakes for a little kick. Made for Photo Tag.
This was quick easy and good. I had dinner on the table in 25 minutes on a weeknight so that can't be beat. I added onion but that was my only deviation.